I live outside Switzerland but would love to watch the World Cup 2018 matches on SRF. The commentators are great, and I love the channel. But, if I try, I get an error message, and the live feed doesn’t work. What can be done? Is it possible to stream the World Cup on SRF outside Switzerland?
SRF is a fantastic channel, and they are for sure the best channel for large sports events in Switzerland. They broadcast Summer Olympics, Winter Olympics, European Championship in football, the Champions League, and this summer the FIFA World Cup as well. So yes, it is understandable that you want to watch the tournament on SRF. But, how can it be done if you live outside Switzerland? It is easy!
Stream the World Cup on SRF abroad
To stream the World Cup on SRF from abroad you will need a Swiss IP address. You can get it easily by signing up for the VPN services of HideMyAss.
HideMyAss has a summer campaign at the moment, meaning that you will get a great discount on their prices if you sign up today, so go ahead and enjoy the offer. And, with your HideMyAss subscription, you can get your Swiss IP address easily, which means you will be able to stream the World Cup on SRF outside Switzerland.
Here I will give you the steps again, one by one.
- Visit the HideMyAss website.
- Sign up for their services (1,6 or 12-month subscriptions available).
HideMyAss has a 30-day full refund policy if you do not like the product…
- Download the HideMyAss client to your computer, tablet or telephone.
- Install the application and open it.
- Look for Switzerland in the HideMyAss application and press connect.
- Once connected you have a Swiss IP address.
- Restart your SRF application or your web-browser.
- You can now watch SRF online outside Switzerland
As I said, it is really easy to stream the FIFA World Cup online on SRF. And, since Switzerland has been quite lucky with the group they are in, we definitely hope that Switzerland will get to the knockout stage of the FIFA World Cup.
Enjoy streaming the FIFA World Cup online. If you have a comment or a question, use the comment field beneath.